Twilight Chronicles V
The warrior's grip on his sword loosened, and he collapsed in the bloody dirt of the battlefield. He was still hearing the faint sound of the battle and cheers of triumph, and then everything became dark and silent.
The warrior opened his eyes. He was being carried by strong hands. They were flying. Her face was in the shadow, and her enormous wings eclipsed the sun with every movement. He realised that he was in the arms of a Valkyrie. There was shame and sadness - how could he have been beaten? But there was also joy and pride - his fate was fulfilled, he had been picked. The wounds from the battle still hurt, he closed his eyes and drifted off again.
He opened his eyes again, and he was in a dark forest. But he was alive!
"No, you are not," a croaky voice said. Someone lit a lantern with a strange shivering glow and the warrior saw a shadowy figure in front of him, holding a light.
"You are dead. You have to accept it. There is no way back to the world of the living. There’s only the way ahead," said the figure.
"Were are we?" asked the warrior.
"Welcome to the Underworld. You are among the living no more, and this is how your journey finally starts. You were chosen by someone, and now you are here. Come, don't hesitate, take this light, or you will fade away!"
The warrior took the lantern and felt a surge of power coursing through him. The ethereal and dreamy feleing fell from his eyes, his head cleared, and shadows crept back to reveal the hooded figure before him.
"Never lose it," the hooded figure said, "or you will become a shadow, and all of this would have been for nothing. Come now, I will show you around!"
The figure turned away and started walking down the path. The warrior looked around in the small clearing that was illuminated by his small lantern, and watched as the tiny light burned at the weaving shadows in the trees, holding the darkness at bay. He felt there were memories of the battlefield, a home and a family, but they were fading. It was a life that he was no longer a part of.
“Let’s go!” the warrior finally said, and followed the figure in the darkness.
The key things you should know about this LARP
- All player characters have died and have now woken up in the cross-roads world. Many challenges await you in this place, and you will find out about them only during the game.
- You can start the game as an individual or a group.
- Players have to prepare a short story of what happened to them the moment they died.
- Players who want to start the game as a group have died together. Align your back-stories.
- There is no need for an in-depth character legend, because the memories about the living world fade away as soon as you come to the cross-roads world, however there's a chance of re-discovering them.
- The game mainly will take place during the dusk and the night.
2019, October 18 - 20.
Suntaži - “Axel's forest”. Google Maps coordinates: 56.932542,24.933232
You can get to the game:
- Using your means of transport (or asking someone to bring you along).
- Bus Rīga – Ērgļi (station Puriņi). Leads exactly where location is.
- Bus Rīga – Suntaži, stops in Suntaži city which is 3 km from the location.
Entry price of the game
- Until the start of October: 15 - 25 EUR (everyone can transfer whichever sum makes sense to them. This is a non-profit activity for fun, so we will appreciate any kind of financial support)
- During October: 25 EUR
- Price for foreign players: 10 EUR
You can pay us in cash before or at the start of the game or transfer the money to this bank account:
Payment information: Payment for LARP. Name, Surname
Game creators are doing this voluntarily and they assume full financial responsibility for game. The amount generated in the entry fees won’t determine if the game will or will not take place, but we would appreciate if players would make the payment as soon as possible.
You can apply for the game or contact the organizers in one of the following ways:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- In the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kreslas.hronikas/
You can also write/call privately
- Aivars Bondars (aivvv) + 371 26644682
- Rihards Rudzitis (Inx) +371 28686983